For the first time an attempt is being made in assamese language to produce an anthology cinema named ” Ji Golpor Sesh Nai”. Anthology is a category of cinema where several different short films often tied with a single theme or premise. Based on three different stories this is the first ever anthology film in the north-east. The stories revolve around the theme of “loneliness”.
The first story is an adaptation of a story by a famous French writer Guy De Maupassant and will be directed by Prodyut Kumar Deka. Named “Adha Xaitya” will be starring Pankaj Mahanta and Kalpana Kalita in a lead role.
Sahitya Academy Award winner and famous journalist, Hemen Borguhain’s story will be the base of the second story. Praxanta Saikia will be directing the second story “Epitaph”, struggle of a writer and his love life. the protagonist will be played by Himangshu Prasad Das.
Utpal Dutta will be directing the third story “Proshnobodhak” based on story by french novelist Honor de Balzac. It is a story of emptiness and desire space in a relationship of husband and his wife.
After 80 years of assamese cinema, the directors believe to deliver tasteful subjects to the audience. The movie is produced by Pallabi Bora, Krishna Kalita and Namrata Dutta.
- Directed by Prodyut Kumar Deka, Prasant Saikia and Utpal Datta
- Produced by Pallabi Borah, Krishna Kalita and Namrata Datta
- Written by Guy de Maupassant, Homen Borgohain and Honoré de Balzac
- Starring Himangshu Prasad Das, Pankaj Mahanta, Kalpana Kalita, Hemanta Debnath, Nandini Barua, Debika Priyam
- Music by Debashish Goswami
- Cinematography Ratul Barman
- Production Company Arc lights/RS Studio/UD Foundation
- Language Assamese/English Sub-title